The biggest festival of mountaineering, extreme and adventure cinema is approaching! Be part of the adventure – 22-26 September!
A jubilee edition of Bansko Film Fest, full of adventures, friends and the favorite audience, is coming up! Save the dates September 22 – 26, Bansko! 5 days, 70 films from 40 countries – the best titles on mountaineering, climbing, cycling, travel, adventure, paragliding, extreme skiing and snowboarding, caving, mountaineering culture, film jury, screenings under the stars and in several halls, guests from Bulgaria and abroad, meetings, presentations, celebrations and anniversaries of unforgettable achievements of Bulgarian and world mountaineering culture, exhibitions, many outdoor activities, caving, climbing competition, stands. The festival of the free spirit will meet the audience with the world’s best and current adventurers and extreme personalities, gathers every year the world and Bulgarian elite of outdoor activities. The festival program includes motivational presentations and workshops by foreign and Bulgarian guests. Highlights in the film program and premiere titles for Bulgaria are one of the most awarded films on this topic in the last two years.
THE STARS OF BANSKO FILM FEST
– Simon Messner (Italy) – Simon Messner is a director of mountaineering films and a passionate alpinist and climber. At the age of 16 he found his way on the classic routes in the Dolomites. Today, he manages to climb many rock and ice tours, passing new routes in Oman, Jordan, Pakistan, the Alps and his native Dolomites. He also manages his father’s film house, Reinhold Messner.
– Maurizio Zanola – Manolo (Italy) – Legend among Italian climbers. Manolo is one of the first Italian climbers who practice free climbing, a legendary figure who still actively climbs and runs new routes.
– Nadine Wallner (Austria) – world famous extreme, official athlete of RedBull, multiple champion of the World Cup in freeride, climber. She will also present his latest film “Decisions” to the audience.
– Elizabeth Revol (France) – Elizabeth Revol is a French high-altitude alpinist, the first woman who climbs the 8,000-meter Nanga Parbat in the winter.
– Krzysztof Kaczmarek (Poland) – adventurer, slackline and highline extreme athlete.
Guests will be also the adventurers of Bulgaria:
– Nikolay Petkov – alpinist and climber. Nikolay Petkov is the only alpinist in the world who has climbed the three edges of Everest. Still an active climber, Petkov has over 60 expeditions to iconic peaks and walls around the world. Author of a number of premiere climbs. Two years ago, at the 18th edition of Bansko Film Fest, our famous alpinist presented the history of his climbs on the great walls of the world. Now he will tell about his expeditions to the high peaks.
– Ivaylo Ninov – The German – Big Wall climber and base jumper. The presentation – Adventures of Ladakh-Kashmir, Saudi Arabia. Adventures with Eric Fenz in Kashmir and with Leo Holding climbing and jumping from virgin towers in Saudi Arabia “- Ivo Ninov is a world famous Big Wall climber and base jumper.
– Georgi Georgiev – Chernia – IFMGA Mountain guide, legend in Bulgarian extreme skiing, ski guide. The presentation of Georgi Georgiev for Prof. Dr. Lyuben Telcharov, mountaineer and climber, one of the founders of the “Bulgarian Alpine Club” and the Mountain Rescue Service.
– Heliana Dundarova – speleologist, doctor of biological sciences, participant in numerous Bulgarian and international expeditions. She will give a presentation on “Cave Expedition Banski Suhodol“.
– Toncho Tonchev – alpinist. Toncho Tonchev’s presentation is on the topic “Dhaulagiri 8 167m. – history of ascents “. Exactly Tonchev was one of the most successful Bulgarian alpinist, the first Bulgarian who climbs the 8,000-meter Nanga Parbat in 1993, a participant in numerous expeditions.
– Stefan and Maxim Ivanovi – sailors. The first Bulgarians crossed the Atlantic Ocean in a rowing boat. Presentation and presentation of the book by Maxim and Stefan Ivanovi – “NEVEREST- with a rowing boat across the Atlantic in the hurricane season”.
– Krum Rodriguez – cameraman, chairman of the Jury;
– Kamen Alipiev – journalist;
– Ivan Obreykov – cameraman, photographer;
BanskofilmfestBOOK presentation of books; presentation of the book “NEVEREST” 4444 nautical miles, 105 days by rowing boat across the Atlantic in the season of hurricanes by Maxim and Stefan Ivanovi, publishing house “Vakon”
Banskofilmfest KIDS – children’s and youth adventure program, which includes over 350 children 1-12 grade and preschool age.
Fun and demonstrative competition in sport climbing in the discipline “SPEED” – “Petar Atanasov Cup”. The competition will be held at the Stenata Hotel in the village of Banya. Details and regulations: banskofilmfest.com
BanskofilmfestEXHIBITIONS – Photo exhibition of the Association “Proikata” – Stories from the dawn of Bulgarian mountaineering: Dr. Lyuben Telcharov – Pinata; Visiting photo exhibition – The Italian Cultural Institute presents an exhibition of photographs by Gustav Vilayt – “Natu.rae / DOLOMITI”; Cave exhibition of the Bulgarian Cave Society – Rakitovо; Photo exhibition “Gifted views from nature” by Antonio Valchev; Exhibition of the Bulgarian Antarctic Institute – “33 years of Antarctic activity”; Exhibition of selected paintings on mountain themes, inspired by the native Bulgarian mountains of Ivona Mihailova
Program by days and hours: https://banskofilmfest.com/timetable-2021/
Association “International Mountain Film Festival”
Municipality of Bansko
With the support of: Ford Motophoe, UNICA Bulgaria, Fibank, Italian Institute in Sofia ISTITUTO ITALIANO DI CULTURA – SOFIA, Polish Institute in Sofia Instytut Polski w Sofii, Austrian Embassy Sofia, Institut Cervantes – Sofia Instituto Cervantes Sofia, Halfbike, online store Varrio Sport, Bulgaria,
Free Mountains Association, Namaste store
Partner hotels: Hotel Amira, Hotel “Ivan Rilski”, Kempinski Hotel Grand Arena, Hotel Regnum, Hotel “Saint George”, Hotel Kralev dvor, Hotel Triniti, Hotel Green Life, Guest House “Stenata”, Banya, Hotel Irina Nikulchina, Hotel Elena Lodge, Spa & apartment hotel Mountain Romance
Main media partner: Bulgarian National Television
Media partners: BNR, Explorer magazine, Vakon publishing house, 360 magazine, Dnevnik, climbingguidebg.bg
Partner organizations: Bulgarian Caving Society, Bulgarian Caving Society – Rakitovо, National Sports Academy, Nikolay Proev Association, Bulgarian Antarctic Institute
The event will be held according to all restrictions, disinfectants will be provided, screening halls will be organized at 50%, as well as the distance of the seats for the screenings on the square. We ask the audience to follow the measures and be tolerant of the organizers and participants in order to hold a positive and invigorating event, which is the theme of the festival! 🙂
The organizers reserve the right to change the program!
Thanks to all the volunteers and partners who have been and will be with us this year and did not leave us in these strange months for everyone!
Be part of the adventure of the unique film festival in our country!