Banskofilmfest 2015 – press information
BanskoFilmFest‘ 2015 – 25 – 29 November 2015 г.
Beware! The largest film fest for extreme and mountain sports in Bulgaria is starting soon!
Bansko Film Fest 2015 will take place from 25 Nov to November 29 in the ski center of Bulgaria – Bansko city. 100 films from 5 continets – the best mountain and extreme sport films in the world will be shown, including films for skiing & snowboarding, freeriding, hiking, climbing, paragliding, B.A.S.E., extreme cycling, slacklining and more. More than 15 presentations and workshops will be presented during the festival, Bansko Film Fest includes children’s program with projections, competitions and workshops, 10 exhibitions, two rock and DJ parties.
The bulgarian premiere of the film “Streif – One Hell of a Ride”, Austria, Gerald Salmina, Tom Dauer will be presented of the Opening ceremony Bansko Film Fest 2015 – 25 november, 19:00h, Big Hall, Culture Center “N. Vapcarov”, Bansko.
Stars of Banskofilmfest 2015 – Legendary alpinists, travelers, explorers, adventurers:
- Boyan Petrov (Bulgaria)– biologist, climber, first bulgarian ascent of K2 (2014) and Manaslu (2015)
- Kiril Nikolov – Disl (Bulgaria)– mountain runner, record “Kom-Emine” (2015)
- Jean Troillet (Switzerland/Canada) – legendary climber,
- Sebastian Kawa (Poland) – glider pilot, first flight under the Himalayas with glider,
- Nuno Gomes (South Africa) – diver, two world records,
- Nils Harald Filipp (Austria) – mountain biker,
- Tamara Lunger (Italy), climber, ski mountaineer,
- Tom Ballard (United Kingdom), climber, first person ever to solo climb all six major north faces of the Alps in one winter,
- Hansjorg Auer (Austria), solo climber,
- Patrick Gabarrou (France), legendary climber, 200 premiere tours in the Alps
- Yves Ballu (France), climber, writer,
- Jochen Hemmleb (Germany), climber, traveller, lecturer and consultant in the field of mountaineering and mountaineering history, writer
Jury: Luca Bich (Italy), director, cinematographer; Sylvia Rothe (Germany), director, filmmaker; Kamen Alipiev (Bulgaria), journalist; Ivan Obreykov (Bulgaria), cinematographer; Alexander Donev (Bulgaria), producer.
The public will learn about the bulgarian achievments during the year in alpinism, climbing and caving. Ivan Kojuharov (bulgarian climber) is coming from Switzerland specially for the festival.
Additional program: “Mountain Academy”: special panel “Memory for bulgarian travellers and adventurers”, special panel “Destination” – presenting of Austria and Poland, climber workshop – Mihail Mihailov, Tihomir Dimitrov.
The event is organized by:
- the International Mountain Film Fest Association
- Bansko Mounicipality
Austrian Embassy in Bulgaria
Italian culture institute in Sofia
Polish institute in Sofia
BNT, BNR, Dnevnik, Standart, magazine „360“, peika.bg, cinefish, BanskoUtre, actualno.com, velocafe.bg and etc.